• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

vitamins for beardie

Chubbyb

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys quick question my girlfriend and I are in a bit of a debate about my beardie.. What vitamins should I be giving her daily.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
General feeding/supplementation schedule:
For hatchlings and young juveniles (up to 2 months): Fresh greens/veg. 1-2 times daily - Live prey 2-3 times per day
Dusted: All Live Prey five days per week with phosphorus free calcium – one day per week calcium with D3 - One day per week with a vitamin supplement such as Reptivite or Herptivite.

For juveniles and sub-adults (2 months to sexual maturity): Fresh greens/veg 1-2 times daily - Live prey 1-2 times per day
Dusted: All Live Prey five days per week with phosphorus free calcium – One day per week with calcium with D3 - One day per week with a vitamin supplement such as Reptivite or Herptivite.

For adults (generally 1+ year): Fresh greens/veg 1- 2 times daily - Live prey every 2-3 days.
Dusted: Live Prey every other feeding with phosphorus free calcium - Twice per month with calcium with D3 - One day per week with a vitamin supplement such as Reptivite or Herptivite.

As there are different circumstances that may arise, this schedule is recommended only as a general guide and may be altered to accommodate individual situations. Using a tracking method of when you dust prevents unnecessary use of product and more importantly, potential harm to your dragon! With proper and effective UVB lighting, supplementation with vitamin D3 is not imperative but should be provided in small amounts. Excessive levels of oral vitamin D3 can potentially lead to the excessive absorption and utilization of calcium and/or toxicity as can the excessive use of supplements containing high levels of vitamin A. Over use of any supplement can have the potential to cause serious health problems, stick to an appropriate supplementation schedule.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most Pet Stores that have anything for reptiles should stock it. Rep-Cal Calcium is phosphorous free, you should check the labels, but most are phosphorous free now.

Chubbyb

Hatchling Dragon
ok I have repti calcium with d3 i should give that too her twice a month? and once a week of Reptivite or Herptivite then other than that just give her plain crickets.. Sorry If I am repeating myself I just want to make sure

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The recommended schedule provided, very clearly suggests for the age of your BD, All live prey, Calcium w\out D3 daily, except 1 day with D3 & 1 day with a multi-vitamin per week.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
All live prey needs to be dusted.
- 5 days per.week use Rep Cal- Phos and D3 free
-One day per week calcium with D3
-One day per week use a Repti Vitamin

"That's just my opinion..I could be wrong...I was ONCE." Comedian/Social Commentarian Dennis Miller ;)

Latest posts