• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vitamins/Calcium Opinions

tarichardi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm getting ready to buy new vitamins and calcium for my beardie. I would love to hear everyone's opinions and preferences on various brands? Thanks!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For those in the US, Rep Cal is good.
Those in the UK, a powdered cal with a secondary supplement of d3 is necessary, though Nutrobal has both vitamins and calcium.
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've used Rep Cal. As Janie says, anything with calcium and D3 is a good supplement.

Erskinelake

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
When I got my guy..I listened to what they said here. I now carry it in our pet supply store as well as use if for Sedona. And he has GROWN into quite the large beardie..so it must be working.

dragonMommie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so repical has both supplements? calcium & multivitamin?....I have reticalcium w/o D3 from zoomed, is that alright? or do u recommend something else?

moth_ay

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
When I took Dude to the vet, he recommended that I just give him straight calcium, no D3. His reason was it's not quite understood how well beardies utilize the D3... But I know others prefer the D3, so....

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
moth_ay said:
When I took Dude to the vet, he recommended that I just give him straight calcium, no D3. His reason was it's not quite understood how well beardies utilize the D3... But I know others prefer the D3, so....

My vet had the same opinion. He also said do away with the calcium and give him natural sunlight daily.

Latest posts