• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vet checks?

cricket05

Hatchling Dragon
How often does a Beardie need to go to the vet? Murray is a couple months old at best...when should he have his first check?

Aimeelou785

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello :) we've taken all our babies for a check up around 6 months old, then around the end of the year (October/November time) for fecal screens to make sure everything is in order before they go into brumation during colder months. This is just my personal preference, others may suggest otherwise. As long as your little one is growing well, and eating/pooping well, I would have thought a first check around 6 months old should be fine, and your vet will be able to advise you on frequency of future visits. I don't know where you live, but try to find a good herp vet if you've not already - they can be a bit more expensive, but a 'normal' vet might may not have the right reptile experience. Hope that helps :)

Latest posts