• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Very stressed out beardie

MzzKrafttt

Bearded Dragon Egg
My juvenile bearded dragon is super stressed and didn't eat today. For context, I'm in the process of moving and yesterday I had some work done on my bedroom wall which created a bit of loud noise. I had other people in the room looking at him and being quite loud as well. I have been spending time trying to get him to bond with me as he is still scared of people. I knew all of it was stressful for him because after everything was done he hid in his rock hide. Today, he didn't want to eat which is extremely unusual. I even left the room with the feeders in the cage for a while to see if he would eat without me freaking him out. He still didn't want to eat. I went into the bedroom later on and his beard was very black and puffed out (I've never seen him do that until today.) I feel so bad for him and need some reassurance on if he will be okay. Is there anything I can do? Will he calm down on his own with more time? Will the stress cause health concerns?

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
Dragons take time... both eating & bonding.
Give him time...
My female took 4 months just to stop running from me.
Put a small blanket with your scent in the cage at night.
He may start sleeping on it and get use to you.

MzzKrafttt

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you! I get so scared when his behavior changes. The blanket trick sounds like a great idea.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My juvenile bearded dragon is super stressed and didn't eat today. For context, I'm in the process of moving and yesterday I had some work done on my bedroom wall which created a bit of loud noise. I had other people in the room looking at him and being quite loud as well. I have been spending time trying to get him to bond with me as he is still scared of people. I knew all of it was stressful for him because after everything was done he hid in his rock hide. Today, he didn't want to eat which is extremely unusual. I even left the room with the feeders in the cage for a while to see if he would eat without me freaking him out. He still didn't want to eat. I went into the bedroom later on and his beard was very black and puffed out (I've never seen him do that until today.) I feel so bad for him and need some reassurance on if he will be okay. Is there anything I can do? Will he calm down on his own with more time? Will the stress cause health concerns?
Are they still working in the room hes in?

MzzKrafttt

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are they still working in the room hes in?
Luckily they finished working in the bedroom. However, there's a lot that will continue to go on that he's not used to. It will be pretty noisy when I have to move things out and around the house (He's been more sensitive to noise now). The power will also have to be turned off temporarily at some point to fix a light switch. I can tell he's very overwhelmed. I noticed he hasn't come out of his hide to bask today. Not sure if he will eat either but I'm going to see if I can get him to.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Luckily they finished working in the bedroom. However, there's a lot that will continue to go on that he's not used to. It will be pretty noisy when I have to move things out and around the house (He's been more sensitive to noise now). The power will also have to be turned off temporarily at some point to fix a light switch. I can tell he's very overwhelmed. I noticed he hasn't come out of his hide to bask today. Not sure if he will eat either but I'm going to see if I can get him to.
Move him away from the noise- put him in a room as far away as you can from noise - if you haft to get a small pet carrier and put him in that - I had windows put in 2 summers ago and I moved my dragons into the kitchen on my table - they were in their pet carriers most of the day

MzzKrafttt

Bearded Dragon Egg
Move him away from the noise- put him in a room as far away as you can from noise - if you haft to get a small pet carrier and put him in that - I had windows put in 2 summers ago and I moved my dragons into the kitchen on my table - they were in their pet carriers most of the day
Thank you for the advice. I will definitely move him somewhere more quiet for the upcoming chaos. He did eat a little bit and finally started basking which is good.

Brinks184

Bearded Dragon Egg
With it being young he could be starting to mature and if he's in a glass tank he could be reacting to his reflection. How old in months do you think and how big is the enclosure and is it glass or wood. I'm newer also but have learned alot so I'll try to help in anyway but I'm still learning new stuff constantly so I joined this to learn more to so hopefully we can all help each other

Latest posts