• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

very picky beardie!!

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
Hi everyone! I have asked this question multiple times on this forum but unfrotuenly nothing works. I honestly believe I have the most picky bearded dragon out there! Right now I am struggling to get him to eat ANY kind of staple feeders. He has no interest whatsoever with Dubaoq roaches, BSFl and crickets. I have tried everything to get him to eat them but all he does is glance at them and look away. He has no promblrm eating super worms, wax worms and silkworms. Right now I can't get any silkworms because of the cold and if he has more than 5 super worms a day, he will get dangerously constpiated for weeks. Right now he is eating 3 supweroms a day and maybe 4 wax worms. He also has no interest in salads. This 7 bug meal a day thing has been going on for over a month and I am completely lost! I know he's not healthy and I dont know what to do. If anyone has any ideas that would be great :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone! I have asked this question multiple times on this forum but unfrotuenly nothing works. I honestly believe I have the most picky bearded dragon out there! Right now I am struggling to get him to eat ANY kind of staple feeders. He has no interest whatsoever with Dubaoq roaches, BSFl and crickets. I have tried everything to get him to eat them but all he does is glance at them and look away. He has no promblrm eating super worms, wax worms and silkworms. Right now I can't get any silkworms because of the cold and if he has more than 5 super worms a day, he will get dangerously constpiated for weeks. Right now he is eating 3 supweroms a day and maybe 4 wax worms. He also has no interest in salads. This 7 bug meal a day thing has been going on for over a month and I am completely lost! I know he's not healthy and I dont know what to do. If anyone has any ideas that would be great :)
Where are you getting the silk worms? Those should not be constipating him and it could be the super and wax- too many of the super could be plugging him up- it is not uncommon for dragons to not poop for long periods of time - like a month - if you want him to go feed him some plain canned pumpkin add a drop or two of olive oil and some honey - it could be the time of year where he is just not hungry - I know one of mine never ate for like a month or longer cant remember and I was force feeding spent $500 dollars at the vet to find out there was nothing wrong w/ him - I finally gave up w/ the force feeding and he started eating a day or two later --- I would get a weight on him and keep track weigh in grams and if hes losing weight I would get him in to the vet

Latest posts