• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

very hard parts of urrates?

cody

Hatchling Dragon
Anyone know why parts of dexters urrates are very hard? Goes to the bathroom pretty much every day, looks normal I guess. when he's ralxing his eyes are almost always low, but when I'm interacting with him they open all the way

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That's a good question. By coincidence I gave my Dexter a bath the other day and her urate was real hard. It looked like a good poop, just the rate was hard. Now I usually never touch them I usually just flush everything down the bath tub drain. This time I had to pick it up because she got a bath in the kitchen sink and it couldn't go down the drain.

cody

Hatchling Dragon
I think I mite of herd it could be from too much calcium/vitamin D.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well - think of kids. too much junk food and not enough fiber and fluids get em constipated. to loosen things up, increase fluids (and fiber (veggies) for the stool part)

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
I have always known it to that your dragon is dehydrated the white part is for lack of better word their pee it should never be hard

Zilladragon23

Juvenile Dragon
One of mine had what looked to be two urates in a bm a little while ago and upon further inspection (actually poking it with tweezers) one of them actually turned out to be a chalky like substance. I pretty much just assumed it was a chunk of calcium powder. Possibility?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
well - think of kids. too much junk food and not enough fiber and fluids get em constipated. to loosen things up, increase fluids (and fiber (veggies) for the stool part)

Makes sense. Dexter doesn't like her veggies, she could have been a bit dehydrated when she left me that. She pooped yesterday and it was soft. She also drank a lot in the tub.

Latest posts