• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Very angry dragon

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
My boy hates bath time!
100_6029.JPG

stijngh

Hatchling Dragon
Another thing I'm wondering. Do these guys love bathing because my shop keeper told me they are not really supposed to take a "bath" "every week". Since they come from a rocky/dessert environment and they don't bathe there at all (no small bathing spots and/or only deep waters).

So, do they like it and is it good for them?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They may not like them in the beginning but they get used to them. Baths are good they help moisten the skin when they shed. They are a good time to get them to drink water either by dripping it on their nose or coaxing them to drink on their own by moving the water around them. Water sometimes will help stimulate them to go to the bathroom. It also is a good chance for bonding and establishing trust.

I found with mine they are more relaxed in the bath tub than they are in the kitchen sink. In the tub they have room to swim or walk around and they can see more things. This week I've given mine baths in the kitchen sink because we have ants in the bathroom and they HATE the sink. Can't get them to stay in longer than 5 minutes.

One of my dragons I bathe just once a week (unless he plays in his poop) and my other one gets baths 2-3 times a week because that's the only time she will poop.

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks everyone! Patsy is right it helps them more then it hurts them. In the wild they get all their water intake from the bugs and plants they eat in captivity they don't get it as much in their food so bathing keeps them hydrated, helps the shedding and helps them go potty. Now I was told recently that after a bath they need to be dried completely to keep from getting yellow fungus I had no idea so thank god my boy didn't end up with that. Normally he does not get mad like that during baths but he just wasn't in a good mood that day lol

Latest posts