• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vents in enclosure help

Srmcclure

Hatchling Dragon
Hello! My husband and I built our beardies enclosure and it was the first te we've ever done anything like that before. We think it turned out really well, but now we are thinking of tweaking it. We have the whole top as a wire top and honestly I'm not sure we like how that is working for us. It doesn't keep things as stable as I would like. We are planning on making the top solid and then putting vents in instead. My question is what is the best placement for those? I was thinking a rectangle vent on each side then one in the back wall. Any insight would be amazing!!
Thanks everyone!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello! My husband and I built our beardies enclosure and it was the first te we've ever done anything like that before. We think it turned out really well, but now we are thinking of tweaking it. We have the whole top as a wire top and honestly I'm not sure we like how that is working for us. It doesn't keep things as stable as I would like. We are planning on making the top solid and then putting vents in instead. My question is what is the best placement for those? I was thinking a rectangle vent on each side then one in the back wall. Any insight would be amazing!!
Thanks everyone!
I asked someone who was pretty familiar w/ tanks and this is what he has recommended

Typically putting vents low on the cool side and high on the warm side will increase airflow via convection. That’s usually what I recommend.

Srmcclure

Hatchling Dragon
I asked someone who was pretty familiar w/ tanks and this is what he has recommended

Typically putting vents low on the cool side and high on the warm side will increase airflow via convection. That’s usually what I recommend.
Awesome! Thanks so much! Crazy helpful as always!