• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Veggies

Lily_G

Hatchling Dragon
How do you get a juvie to eat greens???!!! I have to force my beardies mouth open to eat greens. I wish he/she would eat them on its on.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
2 of mine will eat greens if they have bee pollen on them. My oldest one will only eat greens if I put one in her mouth while she's chewing a worm!

Lily_G

Hatchling Dragon
2 of mine will eat greens if they have bee pollen on them. My oldest one will only eat greens if I put one in her mouth while she's chewing a worm!
Lol, that's how I was doing it at first. Now she has caught on, and gobbles her worms down super quick lol. I'm going to have to find me some bee pollen!!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've heard this from other people. I'm so glad that mine hasn't caught on yet and still eats them when I put them in her mouth!

Odin1

Bearded Dragon Egg
So, the only option is to force feed them greens? I was told to keep offering them, maybe put some mealworms in with them, and they will eventually eat them. However, mine doesn't seem to ever notice the food dish. So I don't know.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So, the only option is to force feed them greens? I was told to keep offering them, maybe put some mealworms in with them, and they will eventually eat them. However, mine doesn't seem to ever notice the food dish. So I don't know.

I always offer greens even if they don't eat them. With my girl I've tried everything, I've put bugs in the salad and I've put off giving her bugs for weeks hoping she would eat the salad and nothing she won't budge. Even tried bee pollen. She obviously likes salad because she doesn't spit it out, but for some reason she doesn't eat it on her own. I don't force her to eat it, I'm not prying her mouth open making her eat it. I'm just putting a piece in while she's already chewing something else.

Latest posts