• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Veggies?

AD@M87

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I feed my berdie watercress and locusts. He loves it but im always a bit confussed on variation of Veg.
some People say you can feed them things that others say not to.
what are some of the safe veggies what well be ok for him?
Thankyou

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Adam,

Well this list of fruit / veggies and greens are used by almost everyone I have spoken to. http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html

I have also found some links to two other sites that I use as well

My other Links..

http://www.repticzone.com/articles/fruitsandvegetablesrated.html

http://www.blackninjakitty.com/herps/care/troystuttlegreeniglist.htm

I live is SA, and feed mine the following

Butternut as staple mixed with any one or two of the following

Okra
Patty pans
Cactus Pad
Prickly pear
Swiss chard
Rockette
Endive
Green beans
Snap peas
Apple

Hope this helps

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I feed mine collard greens and squash daily and mix in bell pepper or cucumber every other day. I also feed some of the other foods from the links you where given from time to time when I have them on hand. Foods with high water content can give them loose poo. I suggest you look at the links Pogie gave and play around with the foods until you find something that works best for your dragon as every dragon is different. My adult normally does not eat his squash so he only gets a couple of pieces but my baby eats all his so he gets more. They both LOVE the red bell peppers. They both love broccoli but this is only given every other week. It is really hard to say what exactly to feed b/c just like humans they like different things.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I just learned something.... You can feed cucumber ???

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I feed it about once a week, NO SEEDS. They love it and it is a good hydration food, lots of water in it. I only give a small amount. I have not seen anything bad on them so if they are please tell me and I will not feed anymore.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is from the beautiful dragon feeding charts you gave a link to :
Cucumber (peeled)
1:1.5

.6%

.2%

.7%

2.3%

97%
Good source of water, poor nutritional value

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, having trouble memorising all the staples and occasionals LOL

See on the other link they basically say the same, good hydration, no nutrition

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I like to feed things like that every other day. I feel that ingested hydration is best for them and since neither of them like to drink water this is a good way. Your salads look very moist, I would mix it every now and than to change things up.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I do not peel it, b/c with veggies most of the nutrition is in the skin and since it does not have much to start with I figured it would be best to give them whatever I could from it.

AD@M87

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Cheers peeps, just wondered as his poo stinks. its very potent, is this normal???

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
K..all poop stinks. Does it REALLY stink. Like when you walk into the room you can really smell it? If so you need to get a fecal test done. Grab some fresh poo in a baggie and bring it to the vet. Parasites could be a problem.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with Li,

But I also read once and was practically tested by myself when I just got mine and I thought carrots daily were OK.... After the first week I couldnt stand the smell of her poop. So If you have fed carrots, they make the poo STINK a lot, So If you have been feeding this, stop a while (Day or 2) and see if it gets better.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
some foods can make it smell more but as long as it is not REALLY stinky you should be good

northface75

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
you shouldn't feed carrots often anyways as they can overdose on beta carotene, it can kill them.

Latest posts