• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

veggie questions

nathan

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
at what age should i start feeding my beardie veggies? ive read that insects were important at a young age so since ive owned him (9wks old) to now (7 months old) he has been eating nothing but silkworms. ive heard they were the best for him and i also heard kale was really good for him too. when should i start giving him primarily veggies as his diet and silkworms as a snack? like i mentioned he is 7 months old now and about 9 inches from head to tail. thanks, nathan

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
the best way to get a dragon to eat fruits, veggies and greens. is to introduce them to their diet as a baby. as far as changing their diet to mostly veggies and greens and then insects every few days, i changed mine over at about a year and a half. you could also feed superworms as a more consistant staple. they are cheaper than silks and completely safe to feed.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
kale is ok but a mixture of turnip and mustard greens is a better choice. there is a link somewhere on here to a nutrition sheet that is very helpful. ill try to find it or hopefully someone else will beat me to it.

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i have a 4 month old bearded dragon and every since i have had him i have gave him greens now he doesn't eat them but today on thanksgiving i saw him munching on him for the first time but you should always put greens in their enclosure even if they don't eat them they will see it everyday and they will inspect it and sooner or later you will look up 1 day and they will be muching. like someone told me you have to rememeber they are babies and their are very stuborn. happy thanksgiving

Latest posts