• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Veggie Problems

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I can't get my bearded dragon to eat any Veggies. She never has been a fan and if i offer nothing but veggies she just doesn't eat..so i was wondering maybe some other ideas..I need some COMMON veggies i can pick-up and any grocery store and feed her. I live on an island and they don't sell Dandilion greens or collard greens or anything that i have seen for bearded dragon veggies. Shes on a mostly Meal Worm/ Cricket Diet and i would like to make her more healthy.

JennaMarie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm having the same issue. I just got my little one, and he/she seems to have no interest in taking any veggies. Does anyone have tips on how to make them more interested? Right now I'm just sprinkling them on the bottom of the cage...

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I always try and spark some interest by pick up the veggie and wiggling it around near her face..doesn't work haha but that's what i do. She just wants nothing to do with anything other than meal-worms or Crix.. Sometimes ill feed her a meal worm and while she is chewing ill stick some veggies in her mouth

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
u cud always get a small piece of green & a worm/locust/roach & hold em w/the same 2 fingers, like beside eachother. so when ur beardie goes 2 grab the live food, he/she grabs the piece of green as well. if that works, do that 4 a bit. & try putting live food mixed in w/the salad. i wuz luck 2 never have problems w/my dragon eating his salad. but that's all the tips i can think of..hope u figure something out tho!

Bryce Anthony

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Early on, I had some problems getting my dragon to eat veggies but when I would wave them around like they were alive, she'd go for them. Maybe you could try setting some in a bowl in her viv. I don't know what your setup is like, but if you have sand, just make sure it is high enough that she won't kick sand into the bowl. But just leave some in there for a day and see if she gets curious maybe. Maybe put a worm in there with the greens to get her interested.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Try to see if you can find a spring mix. I switch from collards and turnip greens to the spring mix and they love it. When they were juvies, I had to show them the bowl of vegies and move them around a little for them to eat them, lol.

Latest posts