• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Veg list?

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
Okay, thought i'd ask on here since every website seems to contradict another. Can anyone give me a list of veg/fruit for dragons that is quite easy to get hold of in supermarkets?
I just want to add a bit of variety instead of giving them the same over and over again. :) Any help would be good thanks!

BristolAvon

Bearded Dragon Egg
That would actually be quite useful. Especially if it would be for supermarkets in the UK.

Asda sells something called "Spring Greens" which are what Americans are talking about when they say Collard Greens.

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
That would actually be quite useful. Especially if it would be for supermarkets in the UK.

Asda sells something called "Spring Greens" which are what Americans are talking about when they say Collard Greens.

Yeah, supermarkets in the UK :) It would just be helpful which ones to keep away from and which defiantly to feed! And oh thank you! I was wondering what collard greens were haha :p

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart - What's good & not so good to feed ...

Spring Greens are generally a mixture of young greens, quite often consisting of mostly lettuces. Collard Greens are a large, thick, dark, heavy leaved green that has a much higher calcium content than most greens.

Collard Greens

images

BristolAvon

Bearded Dragon Egg
In the UK - Asda sells something called Spring Greens. These are what Americans call Collard Greens. However (and where the confusion arises from) Americans also have another product called Spring Greens.

Chantel

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ive had my beardie for almost 3 months now and its a juvenile, it doesnt seem to be intersted in veggies. Only a little bit of greens. Is this normal? If not, what can i do to get it eat more than worms and crickets?

Chantel

Bearded Dragon Egg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ive had my beardie for almost 3 months now and its a juvenile, it doesnt seem to be intersted in veggies. Only a little bit of greens. Is this normal? If not, what can i do to get it eat more than worms and crickets?
Always have a small amount available to it during the day, in a low sided dish, so it does not have to climb to see them & are always in sight (A jar lid works well), whether it eats them or not. It will get a taste for them in time. Some take to them quicker than others. Growing BDs need more protein anyway. Just be sure to provide regular mistings & warm soaks to ensure hydration & aid in shedding.

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
My beardie wont eat his greens unless I feed them to him by hand... maybe you could try that?

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My beardie wont eat his greens unless I feed them to him by hand... maybe you could try that?

Dude, you can get yours to eat from your hand? Jethro used to eat crickets straight from the tongs, but now he just hunts for his food. I have tried in the past to get him to eat from my hand, and he would sometimes. But for the most part, he just devours everything from his bowl or hunts.

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
Well, he usually eats from my hand but only one or two bites. He just recently started eating from his bowl. He's cleaned his plate twice in the past week! I'm excited b/c he's never really eaten out of his bowl before and now he's eating everything I put in. LOL.

Latest posts