• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vash and the lost BlueDragon

BlueDragon09

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I'm here to start new from another forum that I like and I would like to know all of you
and besides my best friend in the whole world, Noelerhard showed me.

and I would like to introduce, Vash but at the moment he is not feeling well he is very old
8 1/2 years old and hoping he does pull through lights and temps are fine. But don't think
this is mean of me to post an old dragon that may not be very well.. here much longer
so please don't take it to heart to make friends then he's gone and you're like "what the? that was
rude of her to post a dragon that won't make it" but he might make it we'll just have to see. I am
autistic as well so things that I may say seem wrong or out of place just tell me.

DSCN1887.jpg

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, welcome to the forums! Vash is one good looking dragon.
If you dont mind me asking. Why do you think he is not feeling well?

BlueDragon09

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh no not at all, I don't mind questions. He used to move around and now he kinda doesn't even outside his cage.
He is not THAT spoiled but he simply won't move unless I do it for him. He seems to be in pain when he walks or
goes to the bathroom but I know he's making it through each day like this and I hate to see him this way. He's almost
9 yrs and it looks like he's lazy but he won't move looks like he wants to but refuses to move otherwise.

BlueDragon09

Bearded Dragon Egg
Today he's doing much better he's walking around a bit more still struggles but he's doing it.
He's eating more it's winter I know, but he still brumates just wakes up now and then but it
does seem like he's getting to be too old. He's tough I give him that LOL.
Well that's pretty much what's going over here.

Pat B

Super Moderator
I think it is wonderful that you have an 81/2 year old dragon. Pat yourself on the back. Every breathing spieces gets old and tired so I think it only natural that he is slowing down. Trust me....I know the feeling :confused:. Has your beardie always gone into brumation? My Spike, about 1 year old now, has been 'sleeping' since the end of October and shows no signs of waking up. I check him every couple of days to see if he is still breathing and being patient. Good luck and every day your beardie wakes up is a blessing! :D

BlueDragon09

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes he has ever since he was 1, I was so freaking freaked at first I thought he was sick and dying.
But no, he woke up every spring and thank you, 8 1/2 is old but I know there are older dragons.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi I'm here to start new from another forum that I like and I would like to know all of you
and besides my best friend in the whole world, Noelerhard showed me.

and I would like to introduce, Vash but at the moment he is not feeling well he is very old
8 1/2 years old and hoping he does pull through lights and temps are fine. But don't think
this is mean of me to post an old dragon that may not be very well.. here much longer
so please don't take it to heart to make friends then he's gone and you're like "what the? that was
rude of her to post a dragon that won't make it" but he might make it we'll just have to see. I am
autistic as well so things that I may say seem wrong or out of place just tell me.

Welcome to BDF. I'm on the autism spectrum as well. So some of the things I might say are misunderstood as well. It's the way I speak sometimes that gets people annoyed when I don't mean it. I'm not sure if I'm the same way on here as I speak to people. So I can only assume I'm speaking as normal as I can.

Vash sure is a lovely beardie, despite being 8 1/2 years old. Glad to have you around.

BlueDragon09

Bearded Dragon Egg
Seems normal to me. Yeah people don't like it when I used to mimic voices and such, I was 5 then so I guess it's okay.
As for now people are just annoyed with how I talk to them, take things too seriously sometimes. Yeah seriously
I wish I joined about 8 years ago that way, I'd be here longer but it took years to even find forums. Thank you
he is beautiful, even as an old man as I call him.

Pat B

Super Moderator
So your beardie brumates every year....that is good to know. What does he do when he starts to come out of brumation? Spike moves around a tiny bit and once in a while I will catch him with his eyes open. Someone here has a dragon that is 12....don't remember who it is! :D

Pat B

Super Moderator
That is too funny! I have heard that before so I guess I will find up when the little booger wakes up!!

Pat B

Super Moderator
That is interesting. Spike has never danced with the glass so he probably won't do it when he wakes up. He is a beardie with no personality but oh what an attitude he has! :D

BlueDragon09

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hahaha! Is that him as your avatar? He looks so sweet. Mine goes crazy for Doctor Who and the Playstation 2 he likes to watch me
play games and also just watch T.V.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine likes to watch Transformers: Prime. The moment she hears Optimus' voice, she stares at him and whenever it's a commercial break, she loses interest and runs to my neck. Then she'll stare at me until it comes back on. (It's like she accuses me of taking off her show. She'll watch it about five minutes or so before falling asleep.

Once upon a time, she used to like the vet. Since getting a needle in her belly to hydrate her when she was sick, she doesn't like her very much and bearded up at her. The vet thought it was cute and funny that she ran to me instead of running away. She tried to burrow herself into my neck. (Mommy! She's touched me! Don't let her stick me with another needle! It hurt! No! You're not lookin' in my mouth either!)

Latest posts