• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vacation

BeardedXoni6690

Hatchling Dragon
Hey everyone. Gonna be going on vacation in June for about a week. My beardie is 3 months. Any tips? Should I take him with me or leave him home and if I do what should I do before I go

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey everyone. Gonna be going on vacation in June for about a week. My beardie is 3 months. Any tips? Should I take him with me or leave him home and if I do what should I do before I go
Do you have anyone to take care of him? He's awful young to be left alone- he should be getting fed live insects 2-3 times per day w/ fresh salads

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Appreciate it thank you
Here are some questions for you
Are they traveling by car? Are they staying at a destination that allows pets and has space for lighting and enclosure of some kind? If so, then it's good to have a pet carrier. I use the soft sized oxgord pet carrier from Amazon and like it because it clips to a seatbelt and also works as a secure place for them to sleep. It's also good to have an adjustable lamp stand with a dome fixture and bulb. The 100w Lucky Herp frosted MVB works well. Otherwise just a regular halogen or incandescent basking light will work for heat. One of the foldable puppy play pens that has a zip on top would work well for an enclosed space and it packs up flat to save space vs moving a big glass or wooden enclosure. The adjustable lamp stand can set the bulb up over the top of it and out of the way. I also like to carry cleaning supplies in the car in case they poop in the carrier and also a cup of black solider fly larvae which are easy to keep and travel well for treats.

BeardedXoni6690

Hatchling Dragon
Here are some questions for you
Are they traveling by car? Are they staying at a destination that allows pets and has space for lighting and enclosure of some kind? If so, then it's good to have a pet carrier. I use the soft sized oxgord pet carrier from Amazon and like it because it clips to a seatbelt and also works as a secure place for them to sleep. It's also good to have an adjustable lamp stand with a dome fixture and bulb. The 100w Lucky Herp frosted MVB works well. Otherwise just a regular halogen or incandescent basking light will work for heat. One of the foldable puppy play pens that has a zip on top would work well for an enclosed space and it packs up flat to save space vs moving a big glass or wooden enclosure. The adjustable lamp stand can set the bulb up over the top of it and out of the way. I also like to carry cleaning supplies in the car in case they poop in the carrier and also a cup of black solider fly larvae which are easy to keep and travel well for treats.
Hi. So I actually found out I'll be gone for two days , 3 max not a week

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi. So I actually found out I'll be gone for two days , 3 max not a week
Ok so he will be fine for 2 days- get some bsfl and use a separate bowl one they can't get out of - I can post a link for a bowl but I don't know how soon your leaving- fresh salads on cool side of tank - there's no one to come and do this for you? Set up a timer for your lights time to come on and shut off - timers can be purchased at Walmart doesn't need to be expensive

Latest posts