• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB question

DragonsVS

Bearded Dragon Egg
I went and picked up a bunch of reptile stuff today and I am asking the people I got the stuff from how long they have had the UVB light. I want to know if this brand is a good one and how often it needs replaced. I do plan on switching it out for arcadia but until then I need to know if it is a good light the light says
ESU Reptile
Super UV daylight F20-T12-BP
Please let me know My little guy isnt going in the new tank until tomorrow. So I have a while and they can answer about how long they have had it. It still does turn on btw

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, To be honest i have never used or tested this bulbs output personally. A google search details that it has 3% UVB. I dont know what 3% means really in respect of other bulbs that go by percentages like arcadia. Most T12 bulbs need replaced every 6 months, MVB 12 months, im not sure about T-5's...

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is 3% of the light emitted that is or contains UVB. A 10+% is needed. I replace my 10% UNFILTERED UVB T8 bulbs, mounted 8"-10" from the basking spot, as per manufacturer's specs, yearly.

UVB Setup

Latest posts