• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Uvb lighting

Monkeys563

Hatchling Dragon
It's time for a new bulb tomorrow the one I have is getting old and probably isn't outputting enough anymore as my dragon seems tired and sluggish.
I want to convince my mom to get the t5 bulbs as they are I'm sure much better then the 10.0 compact I have. However I can't even find a fixture for the bulb so if anyone knows where to find one and what the price might be that would be great. Another question is how long do the bulbs usually last for this type of fixture before they stop outputting?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's time for a new bulb tomorrow the one I have is getting old and probably isn't outputting enough anymore as my dragon seems tired and sluggish.
I want to convince my mom to get the t5 bulbs as they are I'm sure much better then the 10.0 compact I have. However I can't even find a fixture for the bulb so if anyone knows where to find one and what the price might be that would be great. Another question is how long do the bulbs usually last for this type of fixture before they stop outputting?

I bought mine at Dr. Foster's Smith online. They seemed to have the best deal. The big selling point to those lights is that you only have to replace the bulb once a year as opposed to 2x a year like the T8. Let her know that she will save money on bulbs in the long run. That's what convinced me to make the switch!

Monkeys563

Hatchling Dragon
His new light came today it looks great!! Only issue I'm seeing is because the way his cage is built I had to put it on the inside and hang it, it's maybe a 2 feet from the ground and 4 inches from the top, it's where his hammock previously was and he keeps sitting on top of it.

Latest posts