• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB LIGHT

ryanaesm

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi i recently upgraded my enclosure to a 120 gallon tank, I am currently still using the t8 uvb bulb which covers 3/4 of the tank and was fine for the previous enclosure as that enclosure was not as high as my new one. I have bought a T5 12% bulb and already have the controller that i will use from my T8 however it will take up to a week to arrive. I have attached a picture of where my t8 bulb is for now but i think it is too far away for the dragon to see any benefit, Can i place the t8 where i have pointed out in the picture for now until the t5 arrives? Any help is much appreciated thanks. For temporary i was hoping to place the uvb light on the back wall so it is closer and he can atleast get something out of it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi i recently upgraded my enclosure to a 120 gallon tank, I am currently still using the t8 uvb bulb which covers 3/4 of the tank and was fine for the previous enclosure as that enclosure was not as high as my new one. I have bought a T5 12% bulb and already have the controller that i will use from my T8 however it will take up to a week to arrive. I have attached a picture of where my t8 bulb is for now but i think it is too far away for the dragon to see any benefit, Can i place the t8 where i have pointed out in the picture for now until the t5 arrives? Any help is much appreciated thanks. For temporary i was hoping to place the uvb light on the back wall so it is closer and he can atleast get something out of it
Is there a reflector on the T 8 fixture now? With T 8's they are not as strong as a T 5 also the 12% bulb - it is recommended that they be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor piece and I dont recommend any UVB's on a back wall - I would suspend the UVB fixture from where it is now dropping it down to aprrox 8 inches above the shelf - you can use some thin chain to do that w/ and maybe find some hangers to attach them to the ceiling w/ the chain or this stuff https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
this is like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around your fixture -- but you need a reflector on any UVB fixture your getting - it directs the rays downward to him and is more beneficial to him - your T5 will need a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor as well - remember to mark the box or calendar as date of install they expire in approx one year and I recommend changing them out a month prior to

Latest posts