• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Uvb light

stinax182

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
If i have a 10.0 high output light does it need to go inside the aquarium? I'm getting a 40g breeder tank and probably the 12" bulb because i don't know if the 24" will fit inside. I'm going to have a screen top, could it sit right on top? How do you mount it on the inside? And what about the top fitting right with a cord coming out?

stinax182

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes i intend to buy the new high output t5 fixture and bulb. I know with the t8 it should be mounted inside the enclosure.

Would you happen to know if i should i get the 14" or 24" fixture for a 40g breeder tank? I understand it should be the length of the enclosure but I don't want it to over hang the edges....

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Go with the longer one. I actually went with the 36" it's exactly the length of my tank.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Not sure where you are getting it but Dr's Foster Smith had a good sale going on. I got mine for under 50 bucks.

Latest posts