• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB light strip

Bikerlaura

Bearded Dragon Egg
I bought this light and installed it diagonally across my 4x2x2 new enclosure from dubia. It is inside and hanging from the 2 bars that go under the grating. I got the 54” because it showed for 48” enclosures. Now I did provide shade for my beardie in a corner across from the light. Will tat be ok? I threw out the box and don’t know is Amazon will take it back without original box. Thanks for any help I can get.

IMG_2233.png

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I bought this light and installed it diagonally across my 4x2x2 new enclosure from dubia. It is inside and hanging from the 2 bars that go under the grating. I got the 54” because it showed for 48” enclosures. Now I did provide shade for my beardie in a corner across from the light. Will tat be ok? I threw out the box and don’t know is Amazon will take it back without original box. Thanks for any help I can get.

View attachment 34826
I would not use this --- there are 3 really good ones I always recommend people buy - they are NOT china make but made in Germany-- I will post the links for you -- you do not want a UVB the same length of the tank these are all 24" for a 40 + gallon tanks
Zoo Med comes w/a 5.0 bulb you want a 10.0 bulb posting links for you
https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood?variant=40651
22" bulb https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-100-uvb-high-output-bulbs?variant=40630
or this one can be found at Pet Smart
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse you want the 12% bulb 24 watt
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the one posted above 22" Reptisun
2 ft or 24" https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
Please post back on here when you get it I will help you place the UVB - your screen will determine where it needs to go -- distance and placement is crucial ---

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do you think I could cover half of it? I have to wait a bit before I get another one.
yes bur I am not sure how good this UVB is gonna do -- sometimes these off the brand bulbs can cause eye issues - even some of the MVB's recommended like Solar Glo have caused eye issues - I no longer recommend them -- what is the weather doing where you are? Are you in the states? You can always get him outside for some good UVB 15 minutes in the direct sun every other day would be good -- how long before you can get the fixture

Bikerlaura

Bearded Dragon Egg
yes bur I am not sure how good this UVB is gonna do -- sometimes these off the brand bulbs can cause eye issues - even some of the MVB's recommended like Solar Glo have caused eye issues - I no longer recommend them -- what is the weather doing where you are? Are you in the states? You can always get him outside for some good UVB 15 minutes in the direct sun every other day would be good -- how long before you can get the fixture
I live in Texas south of Houston, he seems quite happy with his knew house just got the upgraded 120 gallon

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok the gun is good you want it in the tank approx 4-6 inches when taking the temp- NO screen - the screen looks like a wider hold but thick -- I dont like the wide hole thick screen you dont know exactly how much UVB is getting thru-- the gauges in the tank your getting are ambient temps - also I would get a digital probe hygrometer Exo Terra makes them place the probe on the back center wall of the tank -- I would invest in the digital probe thermometers - get him out in the sun everyday or every other 15 minutes or longer - either sitting on you direct sun or in a tote NO glass NO lid - you must watch him DO NOT leave him alone -- this will get him by till the UVB comes in - that heat lamp you want a digital probe thermometer under it where he would sit to bask - does he sit directly under it?

Latest posts