• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

uvb light and heat lamp?

curtbone123

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi everyone i was just wondering would brand of uvb and basking spot light should i get for my bearded dragon? thanks! :)

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
The best UVB to get for your dragon would be the Reptisun 10.0. Tube style, prefferably going across most to all of your tank. And for the basking light, you can just use a regular household lightbulb. Play with the wattages and distance from the basking spot until you can get the temps desired. :) Hope this helps.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,

If youre in the UK the Arcadia 12% UV is also an excellent choice.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
For the basking light you just have to make sure the fixture is rated for the wattage of the bulb that you will be using in it. I know the reptisun 10.0 is a t8 bulb so you will need a t8 fixture. I'm not sure about the arcadia

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just to clarify...

Basking bulb (heat) you can use a regular household bulb and get a dome holder at a DIY store. Make sure you get a dome with a high heat.

UVB...Reptisun 10.0 is the best. It is a tube. Get a fluorescent style holder for that.

curtbone123

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
do you knwo where i can buy a fixture for the uvb reptisun 10.0 online or anything?

curtbone123

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hey candice its me curtis!! :D the one who talked to you about getting a bearded dragon from the reptile expo i was looking for you! but do you know where i can buy the fixture online cuz i cant get no transportation right now and what kind should i get for the reptisun 10.0 uvb?

curtbone123

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hey candice im not sure if my message was sent to you tell me did you get it or not i already sent it if you cant find it i was telling you that i have a 20 gallon tank and im getting a 36 inch reptisun 10.0 uvb what type of fixture should i get for that?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got your message. You will want the same kind as the one I PM'ed you but just a larger size. Search the link I sent you and you should find one

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's best if it does but as long as you are able to get it within the same area as the basking spot it will be ok

Latest posts