• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB lamp has gone out! Please help!

tresbienensemble

Hatchling Dragon
Norbert's UVB bulb went out last night and I am broke! I will not have money to replace it until I get paid on Friday. I know that UVB light is very very important so I put his tank in soft indirect sunlight that won't overheat his viv just as a temporary solution. But I have been biting my nails all day worrying if he is going to be okey.

I was thinking that I could put the lightbulb from my reading lamp into his lamp until I can get the repltibulbs this weekend. However, My SO is saying that a regular light bulb will not give off the rays that Norbert needs, but I have read that a regular flourescent bulb gives off weak UVB rays. So now I am turning to you, forums, to assist me.

What should I do for my dragon!? I literally have $.09 to my name until Friday otherwise I would have been at the pet store yesterday! Please help!

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Where do you live? maybe take him outside for a little while for some natural light. I hate to say it but glass of any kind filters out uvb so putting him in front of the window wont help. A regular bulb outs out uva rays. As far as i know no uvb. And for the no light situation id say he should be ok but the sooner the better. Not sure how long with out is to long

tresbienensemble

Hatchling Dragon
I've been reading a little more now that says without the UVB they can't absorb calcium. So after weeks without the light they can develop bone diseases. It wont be anything like that. I wish I was home during the day to take him about into the sun because I live in Texas so that would solve it right there, but I don't get home until its already dark!

Latest posts