• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB Fixture and Bulb

dutchy09

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi!
My bearded dragon’s tank is 18 inches in height and 36 in length. I am upgrading him soon, but the height will remain the same.
I was wondering what the best combination of UVB bulb and fixture is.
I’ve used the Reptisun T5 10.0, but I’ve heard that the Arcadia might be better. I’ve wondered with an 18 inch height, if the 12% or 14% would be best. (Given that the Arcadia actually is better?)
Also, I’ve seen the Arcadia kits that include the bulb and fixture with reflector online at PangeaReptiles & LightYourReptiles, and wondered if that was the best route to take? I’ve also seen the Sunblaster T5 with Reflector Fixture on Amazon. Please let me know if you’ve used any of these or have better recommendations!

Also has anyone mounted one of these inside a glass terrarium with a mesh lid??

Thank you!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi!
My bearded dragon’s tank is 18 inches in height and 36 in length. I am upgrading him soon, but the height will remain the same.
I was wondering what the best combination of UVB bulb and fixture is.
I’ve used the Reptisun T5 10.0, but I’ve heard that the Arcadia might be better. I’ve wondered with an 18 inch height, if the 12% or 14% would be best. (Given that the Arcadia actually is better?)
Also, I’ve seen the Arcadia kits that include the bulb and fixture with reflector online at PangeaReptiles & LightYourReptiles, and wondered if that was the best route to take? I’ve also seen the Sunblaster T5 with Reflector Fixture on Amazon. Please let me know if you’ve used any of these or have better recommendations!

Also has anyone mounted one of these inside a glass terrarium with a mesh lid??

Thank you!
Both are good bulbs--- w/ a 18" height do not get the 14% bulb it's too strong and requires a taller tank of 24"-- Arcadia is very good and the pro T 5 and the 12% bulb can sit on top but the screen plays a factor- it MUST be a wide hole type-- I can post things for you to use to hang w/ in the tank- the Zoo Med fixture will take the Arcadia 12% bulb I use them now -

Latest posts