• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Uvb covering 3/4 of the enclosure?

buccaneer

Hatchling Dragon
Can you put UVB in 3/4 of the enclosure?

I'm having trouble with the larger tank my beardie is in currently so I'm planning to move him to a 4x2x2 glass enclosure instead. I've been using an arcadia T5 14% for him before since that enclosure was taller and deeper.
For the 2ft tall enclosure how strong UVB should I get? Would a T5 12% work?
Can I keep the old light fixture, which would cover 3/4ths of the enclosure, if I give him plenty of hiding spots? Or would that be too strong?
Thanks.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you put UVB in 3/4 of the enclosure?

I'm having trouble with the larger tank my beardie is in currently so I'm planning to move him to a 4x2x2 glass enclosure instead. I've been using an arcadia T5 14% for him before since that enclosure was taller and deeper.
For the 2ft tall enclosure how strong UVB should I get? Would a T5 12% work?
Can I keep the old light fixture, which would cover 3/4ths of the enclosure, if I give him plenty of hiding spots? Or would that be too strong?
Thanks.
You can use the 14% bulb distance should be 17-18 inches directly above the basking decor -- the 12% bulb I use in my 4x2x2 tank it's a 24"-- directly above the basking decor around 13" above the decor- 12-15 inches is recommended --

Latest posts