• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB Bulb?

JawsTheSheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got my New Beardie Last week! :D

Well, I havn't been able to get a UVA/UVB bulb because they've been to expensive, so I was wondering, How long could a Beardie go without one? It's only been a week, and I plan on getting on (hopefully) this Thursday!

She has basically everything else except a UVB bulb/lamp and a new branch for her to climb on!

I've got a 30 gallon tank (for now), a basking light (day and night), a hide/home, water bowl, live food, veggies/fruits(she LOVES the papayas lol), calcium dust, a nice rock for her to bask on, thermometer on both the warm side and one on the cool side, a hydrometer to measure the humidity, newspaper for the bottom of the tank, and I made alittle home thing with damp reptile moss so she sheds properly! (I had most of this stuff from when I had my Leopard Gecko!)

Is there anything else I should get while I'm at it?

Thanks!

aiden1024

Hatchling Dragon
You need a uvb bulb last week when you got the Dragon

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
If I was in your shoes Bud, I would sell something so I could go buy a UVB bulb immediately. Even a temp cheap UVB is better than nothing. I bought my Reptisun 10.0 UVB for $25. They try selling them at petsmart for $50. You just need to shop around and do it quick. Your BD is at high risk for MBD (metabolic bone disease). They need UVB to properly digest their food and basically.... live. I have been in your boat with no funds and I have even went to lengths of pawning stuff to get what I need for my BD. They are not cheap to maintain but if you budget, then they are the best pets you can ever own! I hope you take my advise and find a money source quick.....

Latest posts