• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB bulb

cirby_lover

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardies UVB 10.0 bulb burnt out today. I didn't have time to run to the store to get a new one. Will a tropical 5.0 work till I can replace it? I'm thinking I should be safe for a few days.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It will absolutely be fine until you can replace it. Keep in mind that the 5.0 bulb may have a lower effective reach. How long do you think it'll be before you can get a replacement?

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yea as Josh said for couple days it will be fine. Your basically giving them sunny day with slight overcast skies lol.

And make sure that your beardie is able to get closet to it until you replace it.

cirby_lover

Bearded Dragon Egg
It sits right next to her basking light and I plan to get her a new light in the next day or two. Nothing long term. Just knew it was better than nothing. I have a bunch of extra 5.0 bulbs from my chameleons. Only have one bearded dragon.

Latest posts