• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UV LIGHTS - Variants vs good or bad

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK, This is some of the others we have. Does anyone have info on them if theyre BAD or not. Pogies light needs replacing within the next month and the Reptisun is REALLY expensive.

linear_bulbs_100.jpg

Repti Glo 10.0 15W

* 33% UVA
* 15w 220/240v
* 46cm (18")
* 25.5mm diameter
* Desert Terrarium Lamp
* For reptiles with very high UV requirements
* Makes desert reptiles thrive
* UVA (33%)stimulates appetite, activity and reproductive behavior
* UVB promotes Vitamin D3 synthesis
* Recommended in combination with Repti-Glo 2.0
* Suitable for desert animals such as Bearded Dragons, Uromastix Species, Savannah Monitors, Horned Lizards, Desert Tortoises, Spiny Lizards etc..

and (This is the one I currently have)

ReptiSolUV10.jpg

Extra high UV desert terrarium lamp

* Provides an effective UVB source without excess heat.
* Ideal for old world chameleons and other reptiles requiring increased UV-A rays and very high amount of UV-B exposure without higher temperature.
* Gives the pet UV-A rays and very high amount of UV-B rays(10%).
* Stimulates appetite, digestion, reproduction through UVA radiation and calcium absorption through UVB.

Available in:

* 10w (35cm)
* 15w (45cm)
* 18w (60cm)
* 25w (75cm)
* 30w (91cm)
* 36w (121cm)

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
From what I've read, the first one isn't a great bulb. The other ones I have no idea about, sorry. I suppose if you haven't had issues with P while using this bulb it should be ok. The other Zoo Med product you mentioned in the first post I never heard of but I would think it would be ok to use.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The other Zoo Med product you mentioned in the first post I never heard of but I would think it would be ok to use.
Its the same as in the next post - the one I am using

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The reptisun emitts
10% UVB
30% UVA

Repti Glo
? UVB
33% UVA

Repti Sol - by Zoo Med
10% UVB
??? UVA

Also. What is the critical one ??? UVA or UVB

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I use the Reptiglo (it is the only readily availible here.

The # on the Bulb is the UVB output, so a Repiglo 10 has 10% UVB a 5 has 5% UVB.

It si not that they are bad (I am only taking about the tubes NOT CFL's) it is just that they do not last as long as some of the others. If you have a Reptisun you will probably get at least 6 months out of it. With the Reptiglo you only seem to get 4 months.

But otherwise they seem to work fine for me!

Fliehigh.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have heard the ReptiGlo has issues . . . or is it just the compact ones?

Yeah Ive had the ReptiSol for almost 6 months now and the past week or so she has been climbing higher to get closer which makes me think it is not sufficient anymore :-\.
But I cant complain, she grew really well (8 inches in 5 months and went from 71 gramms to 364gramms), recovered from parasites, never had eye issues for just over 5 months. So I recon they get depleted at around 5 months time.

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It is just the Compact (CFL) Type.

My little guy (not so little 19.5") had eye issue from the Retiglo CFL bulb. Once I changed to the Tubes he has been fine, But they don't last as long as other brands. The CFL bulbs seem to SPIKE the UV to a very high amount and then fall off quick, and the UV is not in the proper spectrum. With the ReptiGlo tubes it just falls off quicker then say a ReptiSun.

Hope this helps.

Fliehigh

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes it does. Thanx
I think Ill stick to what I have since I know it has no ill effects. And the price is better too. :)

Would still like to see opinions on tubes from good to bad. Just for interrest sake.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanx Francis,

Thats really interesting. Unfortunately I have never seen or even heard of any of the lights mentioned there here in SA, except for the sun LOL.

Gizmo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We just switched to the Arcadia tube and the difference in Gizmo is unbelieveable ;)

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The Arcadia is a marvelous tube from what I have heard.
The NEC T-10 black light, in Australia is the best, world wide according to it's parameters...

Hope that helps.. Great you got the switch done... now you should see a difference quite soon.
Good luck !

Latest posts