• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UTH's, whats your opinion?

SolidSnake

Hatchling Dragon
I have read so many conflicting articles and differences in opinions, what's your thoughts on UTH's on the warm side along with basking lamps?

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I actually just had this talk with my vet today. She said never use them with beardies as they can be badly burned. Same with heat rocks. I use one in my Chinese water dragin tank under her pool, but that's it. I found that ceramic heat emitters work very nicely to keep temps up. It gives off no light, and screws right into my dome fixture. Fairly inexpensive too.

Zaiden07

Juvenile Dragon
As long as you have enough padding between the tank and the UTH, there won't be any burns. I have used one with my beardie and have not had any problems, I honestly believe it helps with digestion and brumation. But I only use a small one so it is in one corner of his tank.

Latest posts