• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Using tile as substrate

monkeybumpz

Juvenile Dragon
I'm thinking of using time in my beardie cage but I was thinking the time may get to hot with the baking bulb shining on it. Does anyone using time have an issue with this?

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Haha, spell check is pretty funny sometimes. I do have an issue with time, it's never around when I need it! ;) As for tile, it's pretty simple to use and many people do so. It will retain heat, so you may need to move your basking light a little further back than before, or reduce the wattage.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I have tile in both my veardies vivs n i luv it. I had sand b4 this. Si i have kept a small area sand. But 3/4 is tile. It keeps ur temos nice but the tiles dnt get hot. Very easy to keep clean. Id adcise u to buy an extra 1 or 2 just incase any break in the future.n.u cnt get the same 1s again. And i just used sand ti fill in the gasp :)

Latest posts