• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT: How to help my dying beardie pass?

Clementine

Bearded Dragon Egg
Clementine is 7-10 years old. She was a rescue and had a horrible past. Neglect, abuse, improper lighting, temps, enclosure, everything for the first half of of her life. I’ve had her for 6 years. Her health has been declining faster each year, but now she’s declining by the day. She’s been to the vet multiple times and she has a cyst on her kidney and a tumor wrapping around her intestines that’s blood supplied and growing quickly. She’s losing weight and lumps are showing up elsewhere in her belly. I know she’s dying. She’s on two pain medications and I’m doing everything I can to keep her comfortable and she’s a great communicator about what she needs. She’s always been a fighter and I don’t think she’ll pass on her own until it’s really bad and she just can’t fight anymore.

Is there anything I can do to help her pass on her own?

What method can I use (not freezing, gas, decapitation) to euthanize? A gūn…? Taking her to the vet for euthanasia is my last choice but it’s just such a stressful and long process, she doesn’t deserve that. She hates the vet and it’s so stressful to be poked and flipped over. I want her to pass quickly while in as comfortable of a state as possible.

Clementine is the sweetest, strongest being I have ever met. She’s been with me through so many life changes and she’s taught me to be the person I am today. She’s so trusting and loving in the best way she can be. She’s so funny and always tries to enjoy life the best she can. She enjoys outside time and trips to the park or beach. She doesn’t deserve to suffer any longer. She deserves peace. I’m heartbroken.

Thank you for your advice.

Attachments

• B05B5BD3-4AD2-4EC1-AEDC-8EC9D1DD7B9D.jpeg
    B05B5BD3-4AD2-4EC1-AEDC-8EC9D1DD7B9D.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Clementine is 7-10 years old. She was a rescue and had a horrible past. Neglect, abuse, improper lighting, temps, enclosure, everything for the first half of of her life. I’ve had her for 6 years. Her health has been declining faster each year, but now she’s declining by the day. She’s been to the vet multiple times and she has a cyst on her kidney and a tumor wrapping around her intestines that’s blood supplied and growing quickly. She’s losing weight and lumps are showing up elsewhere in her belly. I know she’s dying. She’s on two pain medications and I’m doing everything I can to keep her comfortable and she’s a great communicator about what she needs. She’s always been a fighter and I don’t think she’ll pass on her own until it’s really bad and she just can’t fight anymore.

Is there anything I can do to help her pass on her own?

What method can I use (not freezing, gas, decapitation) to euthanize? A gūn…? Taking her to the vet for euthanasia is my last choice but it’s just such a stressful and long process, she doesn’t deserve that. She hates the vet and it’s so stressful to be poked and flipped over. I want her to pass quickly while in as comfortable of a state as possible.

Clementine is the sweetest, strongest being I have ever met. She’s been with me through so many life changes and she’s taught me to be the person I am today. She’s so trusting and loving in the best way she can be. She’s so funny and always tries to enjoy life the best she can. She enjoys outside time and trips to the park or beach. She doesn’t deserve to suffer any longer. She deserves peace. I’m heartbroken.

Thank you for your advice.
I responded on the other forum

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
I don't know anything about this subject, but this thought popped into my head: Can you overdose her on the pain meds?

Clementine

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't know anything about this subject, but this thought popped into my head: Can you overdose her on the pain meds?
I was thinking that too, but I’m worried it wouldn’t work and then she’s without pain meds. Then I would have no choice but to put her to sleep in a more traumatic way. But at least she wouldn’t be conscious… ugh there’s just so much unknown. I don’t want to hurt her and have her feel it.