• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

update on Safira

DragonLover1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone Safira is doing well for the past week Safira has been eating great 40 or more crickets a day, I still had the compact uvb bulb on her tho more on that later. What i did differently i was also using the infrared basking bulb day and night, Safira wasn't basking or eating very much 6 to 9 crickets most days will some odd days taking 19 crickets. Well i decided to try the white basking bulb and what a difference she absolutely loves it and basks . First day on using the white basking bulb she ate great 43 crickets. I did end up swaping bulbs at night eg unsrewing the white replacing with the infrared, By doing this i broke my white basking bulb yesterday picture below.
BILD0896.jpg

It was a reptipets 100watt basking bulb which i found didn't get as hot as the ultimate reptile suppliers infrared bulb did.
now the compact uvb bulb I've noticed Safira not being able to see her crickets too well, I think it is also the reason for her not basking very much. I've also noticed when i'm handling her her twitches her head.
Also here is what her tank looks like now.
BILD0902.jpg

BILD0903.jpg

Well today i went out a got another white basking bulb same brand and wattage as my infrared bulb. I also got a uvb fitting and a uvb tube, I can't get the reptisun 10 here at the moment they are bring them in so i got the outback max 10. It lets off 10%uvb has the ditances on the box. Heres a link to the uvb tube i got http://www.ultimatereptiles.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=284&category_id=15&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=49
I'll let everyone know how i go with the uvb tube.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the infrared bulb at night is not suggested. it disturbs their sleep as they are very sensative to light. if you tank drops below 65 at night then you need to use a chr (ceramic heat emitter) at night.

Latest posts