• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Update on my 5 month beardie

Parker S

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m excited because I found out that the problem with him not eating is that he won’t eat anything but crickets. I’m so happy because I was about to take him to the vet 3 weeks ago because he wasn’t eating at all but I decided to get some crickets and see if he would eat and he did and he has been active eating and pooping now. I got a t5 light too so all is good

Attachments

• 107C572C-2032-42B7-8F23-7821C9A220FB.jpeg
    107C572C-2032-42B7-8F23-7821C9A220FB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m excited because I found out that the problem with him not eating is that he won’t eat anything but crickets. I’m so happy because I was about to take him to the vet 3 weeks ago because he wasn’t eating at all but I decided to get some crickets and see if he would eat and he did and he has been active eating and pooping now. I got a t5 light too so all is good
Ok so it sounds good but you want your dragon eating salads as well --- you can get some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com order large and do not dust them add them to the top of his salads - he needs to be started on salads now as he get older its going to get harder for you to get him to eat them - put the BSFL on top of the salads as lures to the bowl - these bowls work real good https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
where is your T 5? Top of screen or did you put it inside the tank ? Distance and placement is key here for correct UVB rays

Parker S

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so it sounds good but you want your dragon eating salads as well --- you can get some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com order large and do not dust them add them to the top of his salads - he needs to be started on salads now as he get older its going to get harder for you to get him to eat them - put the BSFL on top of the salads as lures to the bowl - these bowls work real good https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
where is your T 5? Top of screen or did you put it inside the tank ? Distance and placement is key here for correct UVB rays
Yeah it’s on top of the mesh screen it’s half of it the tank. And yeah sometimes I can get a him to eat some vegetables he still refuses collard greens. When he is chewing a cricket I try to slip a collard green in his mouth too. Thank you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah it’s on top of the mesh screen it’s half of it the tank. And yeah sometimes I can get a him to eat some vegetables he still refuses collard greens. When he is chewing a cricket I try to slip a collard green in his mouth too. Thank you
Ok so get some different greens like kale or turnip or some arugula maybe mix them - the screen on your tank is it a fine mesh screen like a screen door or a wide hole type - the T 5 has certain placement and distance

Parker S

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so get some different greens like kale or turnip or some arugula maybe mix them - the screen on your tank is it a fine mesh screen like a screen door or a wide hole type - the T 5 has certain placement and distance
The light is 18” from the floor of the tank. And thanks for the food suggestions I’ll keep that in mine

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The light is 18” from the floor of the tank. And thanks for the food suggestions I’ll keep that in mine
Ok so the screen is blocking 30% of the rays for a fine mesh screen --- it needs to be inside the tank ---if your using a wide hole screen it can stay on top but the decor piece needs to be directly underneath 8-10 inches - if you need more help please ask and I can help you --

Latest posts