• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Update on Allie's Lump II

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update: Great news! Allie's recovered and her infection's finally gone. Today is the last day of her antibiotics. (I had to cut her short because it was getting too much on her.)

I put her back on pureed vegetables for temporary use. I gave her green beans, Lima beans, carrots, and corn. (I'm not going to feed her this all the time. I figured she could use something different.) I hope her stomach upsets will go away soon.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's really mad at me and doesn't trust me at all. She won't even eat her greens that I gave her with the topping of good smelling pureed veggie mix. I have a feeling she's not going to trust me much for the next few days. And tomorrow she goes back to the vet for her stitch removal. She went to bed early last night and slept all night long. I checked on her to see if she was all right. She had started going down to the lowest part of her bed. I had it elevated at a 90 degree angle. Now it's a 45 degree angle which is a good sign. She didn't gape at all last night. Didn't have any accidents and today, I'm going to clean and sterilize her tank after she does her business.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This morning, no antibiotics. She's refused her greens totally. I tried to hand feed her and she spit them out. Wouldn't eat them. So I tried pureed veggie mix and she refused that too. I tried a new veggie mix and pureed it to a thinner consistency. I had her on near solid-stage 2-3. She ate about 11 ccs of stage one pureed veggie mix. I noticed she makes a clacking noise when she takes it. Like she's gulping it down or smacking her jaw?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good news! The vet's pleased with her recovery from her infection. She's no longer gaping and I got to see the glottis yesterday when the vet asked me if the glob of food was mucous. She's all clear. No mucous at all. No red throat. Now I've got to get her back up to par. The vet said not to worry about feeding her pureed foods mixed with pureed greens. (I've pureed turnip greens into her veggie mix.) Hopefully by spring or summer, she'll be on solids. I'm not going to rush her into eating solids. She ate a little bit of solids, but not much. She's still the same weight and her fat stores are not disappearing. She's well hydrated and watches every little move I make with a syringe full of pureed food. I'm not going to puree live crickets. Sorry. This is a human blender too. I would do it if I had another blender for her use. Maybe I will get one.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So glad to hear that she is better! I had no doubt she would be okay with the care that you've been giving her!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She went crazy for the turkey and turkey broth babyfood for her protein. No cricket interest. :/

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She about sucked up the baby spoon and chomped on it. :D I changed for pureed green peas and carrots, turnip greens, and a mixed up turkey and turkey broth in a small bowl. It's like feeding a baby with her tongue coming out and licking her mouth and the spoon. She also has a probiotic three-four times a day to help her get an appetite. :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's trying to brumate, but she wakes up from it. Semi-brumation.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh. I almost forgot to mention! She's eating on her own. I gave her some pureed green peas and carrots and some probiotics. At 12:00, her second feeding, I decided to try solid greens. I put her in front of them and boom, she started eating them on her own. :D If this keeps up, I should call the vet and let them know. :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
15 little pieces of stuck on the plate turnip greens left over, 10 crickets this afternoon. 4 of them gutloaded. I wasn't sure she'd show any interest in them, but she did. So I gave her 6 not gutloaded.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh yeah! She's pigging out on her greens like she's never eaten them in weeks. :D Tell you what, she's been having them pureed.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear that Allie is coming around Noella
icon_thumright-1.gif

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks, Germ! Haven't seen you around lately. Hope you're well yourself.

Latest posts