• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Unsure.. (too hot?)

MaryyJane

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my baby does this randomly. Typically more towards evening time but I know they can get uris and they can open the mouth for the regulation of the body temp and im not 100% sure.. she doesn't have difficulty breathing that i can see, it's honestly like she zones out entirely and her eating habits and what not havent changed all that much, no black beard or any signs of discomfort (i know that doesnt always mean much, theyre good at hiding illness) Could it be because it's hot in her cave?

Attachments

• 20220918_121452.jpg
    20220918_121452.jpg
    916.9 KB · Views: 26

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So my baby does this randomly. Typically more towards evening time but I know they can get uris and they can open the mouth for the regulation of the body temp and im not 100% sure.. she doesn't have difficulty breathing that i can see, it's honestly like she zones out entirely and her eating habits and what not havent changed all that much, no black beard or any signs of discomfort (i know that doesnt always mean much, theyre good at hiding illness) Could it be because it's hot in her cave?
This is normal for them --- mine do it --- make sure you have surface basking temps of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- middle of tank 90's and the cool side 80's -- nothing over 85 those can be taken w/ a stick on - a good long tube UVB NO coils please they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health problems --

MaryyJane

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is normal for them --- mine do it --- make sure you have surface basking temps of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- middle of tank 90's and the cool side 80's -- nothing over 85 those can be taken w/ a stick on - a good long tube UVB NO coils please they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health

This is normal for them --- mine do it --- make sure you have surface basking temps of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- middle of tank 90's and the cool side 80's -- nothing over 85 those can be taken w/ a stick on - a good long tube UVB NO coils please they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health problems --
Is it normal for the cave to be hot too?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is it normal for the cave to be hot too?
Where is the cave? What is the temp in the cave? If its on the cool side of the tank it should be in the 80's not high 80"s tho you want lower

MaryyJane

Bearded Dragon Egg
Where is the cave? What is the temp in the cave? If its on the cool side of the tank it should be in the 80's not high 80"s tho you want lower
Under the basking bulb. And okay, I may try a smaller watt basking bulb. Thank you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Under the basking bulb. And okay, I may try a smaller watt basking bulb. Thank you
Make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to get actual surface basking temps- if shes hiding in the cave under the basking decor piece it may be too hot on top for her to bask --- place the probe where she would sit for basking wait till it quits going up and see what that temp is 95-100 for an adult / juvie dragon

Latest posts