• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Unfertilized eggs

RastaMaDukes

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So my female laid 22 perfect little eggs today or throughout the night. She has not been bred to my male, and no possibility of them seeing each other..... So what do i do with her eggs??. I put them in some sand in a plastic container. Im pretty sure they will not grow or hatch.... I'm so sad these eggs have gone to waste, but by no means am i able to raise or take care or 22 babies...any advice on her care?? I'm sure this took alot out of her. she has been perched n resting all day. She ate a few bites of collard greens and drank about 8ml of water today...

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
So my female laid 22 perfect little eggs today or throughout the night. She has not been bred to my male, and no possibility of them seeing each other..... So what do i do with her eggs??. I put them in some sand in a plastic container. Im pretty sure they will not grow or hatch.... I'm so sad these eggs have gone to waste, but by no means am i able to raise or take care or 22 babies...any advice on her care?? I'm sure this took alot out of her. she has been perched n resting all day. She ate a few bites of collard greens and drank about 8ml of water today...
You can Give her a nice warm bath, give her a big meal with a little more calcium on it than usual :) as for the eggs if you had any egg eating reptiles you could feed them the eggs, otherwise burry them underneath a tree or in a plant so their Nutrients aren’t going to waste.

RastaMaDukes

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
You can Give her a nice warm bath, give her a big meal with a little more calcium on it than usual :) as for the eggs if you had any egg eating reptiles you could feed them the eggs, otherwise burry them underneath a tree or in a plant so their Nutrients aren’t going to waste.
Thank You... also, now, how often will she produce eggs again?? should i put some type of sandbox in her cage at some point.. she just turned 1 last couple months... store bought.. she ate tons of crickets with lots of calcium on them and a couple superworms. Gonna give her some collard greens. So her appitite is back up to par. she had water yesterday...will give her vitamins tomorrow on her crickets... shes so precious....

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thank You... also, now, how often will she produce eggs again?? should i put some type of sandbox in her cage at some point.. she just turned 1 last couple months... store bought.. she ate tons of crickets with lots of calcium on them and a couple superworms. Gonna give her some collard greens. So her appitite is back up to par. she had water yesterday...will give her vitamins tomorrow on her crickets... shes so precious....
Since you have a male, even though they may not see each other, they definitely can smell and know they’re their, she may do it every year, keep track of timing if you haven’t already, it may help with years to come, as long as shes hydrated and getting plenty of calcium, she shouldn’t have issues, look up being “egg bound” that’s ur main worry going forward.

RastaMaDukes

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Since you have a male, even though they may not see each other, they definitely can smell and know they’re their, she may do it every year, keep track of timing if you haven’t already, it may help with years to come, as long as shes hydrated and getting plenty of calcium, she shouldn’t have issues, look up being “egg bound” that’s ur main worry going forward.
so is she done laying eggs till next year, or can she lay more clutches in the next few months???

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
so is she done laying eggs till next year, or can she lay more clutches in the next few months???
She may lay eggs next month too, each dragon is different, and each egg laying session going forward may be different, if she refuses food again and starts digging, bring back out the “dig box” and plop her in with a started “den” so she doesn’t have to work too hard.

RastaMaDukes

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
She is eating as many crickets as I will feed her in one sitting..they are gut loaded and dipped in calcium. I just love her appetite. She loves Collard Greens, n drinking plenty of water, I'm so proud of Momma's Baby... will she lay more eggs this summer yet

RastaMaDukes

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
She may lay eggs next month too, each dragon is different, and each egg laying session going forward may be different, if she refuses food again and starts digging, bring back out the “dig box” and plop her in with a started “den” so she doesn’t have to work too hard.
Will she lay them in a spacious cave if i put sand inside of it?? I'll also research 'dig box for dragons'. Now i know how her belly feels when full of eggs vs empty like now.... i had no idea she would lay eggs. thought she was too young. she just turned 1 recently... she loves her cave, it big n cool, but i can put the heater over it vs other side of cage so it stays warm in there,,,, I'm so excited...

RastaMaDukes

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Will she lay them in a spacious cave if i put sand inside of it?? I'll also research 'dig box for dragons'. Now i know how her belly feels when full of eggs vs empty like now.... i had no idea she would lay eggs. thought she was too young. she just turned 1 recently... she loves her cave, it big n cool, but i can put the heater over it vs other side of cage so it stays warm in there,,,, I'm so excited...
how wide, deep, n length of dig box?? she's in a 40-50 gal tank...

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Next time she’s digging and not eating put a large tupperwear that takes up half the enclosure, she needs room, personally i do this with all the lizards ive had, it helps stimulate them and gives them a “safe deposit spot” (not my enclosure but a good idea)

Attachments

• 7E0740E3-BA2B-4242-842E-CB4EF36BE74B.jpeg
    7E0740E3-BA2B-4242-842E-CB4EF36BE74B.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 11