• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Undertank Heater?

Webghost2099

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Is an under tank heater recommended for the evenings? I live in Los Angeles and it can get to around the 60's and just curious as I don't want him to freeze to death at night. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
night heat isnt needed unless temps get below 65 in my opinion. undertank heaters can get really hot and beardies dont know when they are getting burned. if it has a thermostat or if you have something like tile in the bottom of the tank you might be ok but i personally would rather use a heat emitter hung over the tank or sitting on the screen top if needed.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Agreed
Beardies cant sense heat from below and burn easilly and heal slowly
CHE (Ceranic Heat Emitters) are the best for night time heat as they provide heat and NO light
What are your night temps now?

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
I unscrew Willow's basking light and replace it with an infrared bulb at night, that way i can still control the heat using the thermostat so her enclosure stays warm but she can sleep peacefully because she can't see infrared. Hope that helps!

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Dont use infra red bulbs, they can see the light and it will affect their sleep. Causing u=issues in the long run
Heat is only needed if it gets below 65 at night. The do need to cool down as well so their metabolic processess can function propperly

IF your house temps are colder than 65 at night buy a CHE, it provides heat but NO LIGHT

Latest posts