• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Underestimated the size of a silkworm lol

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well went home today at lunch time to go to the post office and pick up my silkworm order. I ordered large cause on their description of large it said 1 inch. So im expecting a inch long lil white catepillar deal like in the pictures. What i go was wayyyy bigger than i thought theyd be lol. Least they arent to big for Pita to eat.

Now on to Pita's reaction to her first silkworm. i plopped it down onto the newspaper in Pitas cage. pita started the death glare, first at the silkworm, then turned a questioning worried stare to me as if to say "WTF is that thing", then death stare at the silkworm again. after about 3 minutes of that. Pita grabbed the silkworm and spit it back out "Oh no" i say "she doesnt like them"
Well that was incorrect apparently all that was needed was a reposition on the way Pita picked up the silkworm cause 2 seconds later "nom nom nom nom" lol

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yeah they can be big. I just ordered 15 large and they are due in today. Such a cute story. Too bad you did have a little video of that. It would of been fun to watch.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's our Brian ! Funny man... and I'll bet he does it all with a straight face...
Janie

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Funny story. ;D

What I underestimated was hornworms. Holy cow! Those things get HUGE!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
toast7887 said:
Jesus i haven't been able to find silkworms in stock for like a month

Figures.. He likes critters too !
might be that the worms are cycling out.. keep checking !
Janie

Latest posts