• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Under tank heat pads vs Ceramic Bulb? I am new to both

JoeG

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi, This is not for my Sons BD its for my Daughter who wants to get a Leopard Gecko. Which is the better way to go for night heat? The Matt makes me a bit nervous. But if you guys like it ill try it. Can you guys link me to good choices and thermostats as well. The tank is a 40 G Breeder size. Thanks

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Don't use a heat mat, lizards have a low sense of being burnt on their stomach, it can lead to severe burns. If you want more info I believe there is a leopard gecko forum.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Heat matts are sketchy, id go with a ceramic heat lamp, although people on the gecko forums do recommend the pads, if u can buy a mouse pad tape that to under the tank, then tape the heat pad to that i think thatd be safe, itd keep the heat from being on the glass,....thats what i did with my gecko when i had one.

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Jut make sure the heat pad is not touching the glass or the gecko. Especially not the gecko.

Latest posts