• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UM can bearded dragons throw up?

anonymousn3rd

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie ate about three superworms either yesterday or the day before (I don't give him them everyday) and he really seemed to enjoy them. Yesterday and this morning he had a black beard and today when I got home for lunch break there was this in his tank. He pooped yesterday and I soaked him for about 10 minutes this morning. He seems to be doing fine now except he still has a black beard. Please any advice you have would be appreciated.
11888601_1017598344958946_4174412001169028952_o.jpg
11930859_1017598338292280_6808400600030044308_o.jpg

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes - they can throw up. how old is he? what's his normal diet? what are the viv temps - cool, warm and basking?

anonymousn3rd

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't know how old he is, I bought him from someone who was not taking the best care of him and he did not tell me when I asked. He is definitely full grown though. Normally he eats mostly crickets and a little bit of collard greens as our local pet store doesn't have anything besides crickets, superworms, and wax worms. His basking spot is about 100 degrees and cool is probably about 80 but I don't have a thermometer over there to measure.

Thank you so much for replying, I was freaking out!! I have never had this happen before haha

anonymousn3rd

Bearded Dragon Egg
do you know why this might have happened? he ate a TON of crickets (probably twice as much as normal) the day before yesterday for some reason, could he possibly have over-eaten?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sounds like he porked out! my girl has done that once - i learned to feed her more slowly.

Latest posts