• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Two bearded dragons in one cage?

gareth young

Bearded Dragon Egg
What size tank/cage do i need for two bearded dragons?, I have a 51Gallon tank/cage, i have one at the moment and i think two could live together,

Also on website it says you can use paper towers insted of sand, when they say paper towers do they mean kitchen roll? or it is something else?, Please advise.

I have a male which is about 2 years old, i want to get him a female friend do you think two dragons will together.

:)

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you're considering a second dragon, a second enclosure is recommended as well. Dragons are solitary animals & don't do well when housed together, the male will always be wanting some ''action'' & this will only stress out both dragons.

Reactions: P

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
regular paper towels and NO on housing two together. Jp said it right, only leads to stress and potentially dangerous situations. some people will try to tell you how they do it and haven't had any problems.
HORSE HOCKEY! just my opinion.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Big NO with housing 2 beardies together. There are too many risks that could happen to either of them.

When they say paper towls they usually mean like the ones off the roll. If you don't want to use that you can use tile or (what I use ) non-adhesive shelf liner with no holes in it that you can buy from walmart or other stores.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No no no and NO
Dont house 2 together EVER
They are solitary and dont like or need or want company. Even breeders dont house males and females together. They are brought together to mate and seperated immediately
The male WILL breed the female to death

Heres a great link on co-habitation and the sick awfull un nescessary consequences of people trying it just to be able to say they beat the odds and then they dont and the animals suffer. Check out pages 1, 4 and 5 which has sickening graphic pics of the results:(

http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=154908

(I think ill contact the OP of that post in the link whom i know and ask he posts it here also and it can be a sticky tooooooo, What do you think Jp????)

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think the link can be a great tool for less knowledgeable owners, pictures say a thousand words. Due 2 the graphic nature of the pictures, I'd like 2 check with administration 2 get the ok on making it stick.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
OK thanx Jp, lemme know. Ill wait b4 contacting the OP of the topic

Latest posts