• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Turning on lights

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
Hi all,
Found a website that got me thinking. In our Bearded Dragon's tanks we are trying to as much as possible recreate their natural habitat as possible.
So this got me wondering about lights, is it really a good idea to just turn on the lights at say 6 AM and leave them on till 6 PM? At least when I turn on my lights it looks like its about 10 AM on a bright sunny day I'd say, never seen nature go from pitch black to 10 AM in a second.
What are your thoughts?
Chris

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Are you asking if we should have our lights ramp up and ramp down to simulate sunrise and sunset?
I know in the reefing world we do that exact thing so as to not light shock our corals, not sure if it would be beneficial to beardies though. Interesting subject, following along to hear others thoughts.

Latest posts