• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Troubled Skink

Bubbles_2384

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,
The cleaner at my workplace found an injured garden skink today and gave it to me because she knew I have a lizard. He was extremely lethargic when she gave him/her to me and couldn't seem to move it's anything from its abdomen down to its tail. It also displays what looks like some neurological problems. He/she is always arching to the side and moving its head around uncoordinated. This could also just be stress though as he/she can't move its bottom half. When moved around he/she didn't know what was up and down. It had a lot of stuck sheds but it all looked quite recent and wasn't cutting off circulation.

I started by soaking him/her in some warm water. I had a rock to keep his head up but he kept twitching and falling in and then could coordinate himself to sit back up so I had to hold him up. Once he/she was a bit warm it perched up a bit and opened its eyes and had a bit of a drink.I was also able to help it out with the shed. He/she is in perfect physical condition except for some old wounds on its head and back but they healed up quite well. The one to the head might explain if it were neurological problems but it seems like from a while ago and I don't think it would have lived long enough for it to heal if it caused the neurological issue.

He/she tried really hard to get away from me but I think he's now realized if I was going to hurt it I already would have. He/she seems to have gained a little bit of movement in its left back foot. After enjoying being pat it fell asleep in my hands. I've moved him onto the top of a warm container to keep him warm and he's pretty content now. He/she opens his eyes to look around every now and again then goes back to sleep.

Is there anything else I can do for him/her?

(Sorry I know this is a bearded dragon forum but I figure there must be someone on here that can help)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 12.48.40 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 12.48.40 pm.png
    491.3 KB · Views: 8

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Other than keep him for a week or two and feed him, theres not much u can do for a lizard that size, offer some fruit maybe that’ll perk him up, it looks like a 2 lined skink? Could’ve gotten bit by a wolf spider, they fall prey to alot of critters. You’re doing a good job so far though.

Latest posts