• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

trouble eating greens

Blake

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is only about 2 months old if that and I am concerned that he wont eat any vegetables I know that their diets are 80% bugs but He has not really eaten any veggies and I just dont know how to train him to. I have moved them around and tried making them look interesting but still no interest. I just want to make sure that he gets his hydration!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Some won't take to them for months. As far as Hydration goes, regular misting & warm soaks will take care of it until she does. Also be sure your Prey feeders are well hydrated. Be sure to have the greens in a low sided dish or saucer so it can always see them without having to climb, sometimes helps.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
Didn't you only get your BD recently Blake? he might be undergoing relocation stress. My dragon refused to eat her collards for two weeks after i got her until she was comfortable in her surroundings. If this is the case, try gut loading his feeders regularly until he is comfortable and mist & bathe regularly for hydration

Blake

Bearded Dragon Egg
Alright thank you, I have been feeding my roaches and crickets greens and I will mist my beardie or bath him through out the week. He is in shed so very cranky!:eek: hopefully he gets that new skin in soon. It seems to be taking quite a while though

Blake

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well it looks like im right there with you then!:p He seems to be warming up to me a little and I was actually able to hand feed him some veggies and a few crickets! I don't think he is a fan of the collard greens so its time to look for a different veggie for him lol

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
hopefully :) my BD has been in shed for 2 weeks! even with regular bathing and misting >.< the skin isn't even peeling yet! just very grey
I hate that! Cleo is doing a very VERY slow shed right now. She was grey on her head and tail before her head finally shed yesterday.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Well it looks like im right there with you then!:p He seems to be warming up to me a little and I was actually able to hand feed him some veggies and a few crickets! I don't think he is a fan of the collard greens so its time to look for a different veggie for him lol
They're also snobby and finicky about food when they're in shed.

Latest posts