• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Trick for eating veg

wayneg77

Hatchling Dragon
Hi all.
I've come across a little tip for beardies that don't want to eat greens it's worked for my dragon so it might work for yours basically most dragons if not all are attracted to the colours of greens/veg etc so my simple but effective tip is to line your bowl with white kitchen roll then put your greens etc on the paper, by doing this the colours of the greens & veg pop due to the white paper making them more appealing to your dragon also the paper makes cleaning easier. Like I said before this might not encourage all dragons to try the greens etc but it's worth a try worked for me
c3d72c73de6b2ccb12e5a1478a661918.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20170201_125520.jpg
    20170201_125520.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 22

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
looks good enough to eat !!

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
I have used paper towels twice with Skittles. Both times be tried to eat it - I had to pull it out of his throat. So be wary! That being said, I know lots of folks use paper towels in the tank with no problems. I can't though.. I think my dragon is a little bit special!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good ideas I typically play around with the color of the bowls to find one that works..

Some advice: broccoli is a very rarely to be fed item high vit C moderate oxalates and goitrogens meaning oxalic acid binds calcium from other foods, goitrogens are foods that suppress thyroid function and can induce hypothyroidism, interfering with the thyroid uptake of iodine.

Are those bell peppers or carrots can't tell. Bell peppers are also high in vit c, vit a, moderate oxalates.

just want your dragon getting foods that are good for him.. info is from our food link www.beautifuldragons.com

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've heard people say this before! Having your veggies on a white background helps them pop. I do agree with the Krissy though, be careful with the papertowel. It doesn't digest as quickly as we would think. I had a frog eat a big chunk of it once and when it came out it had green, almost looked like mold, on it. He was lucky he passed it.

Latest posts