• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

train to drink from a water dish?

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so ive watched some vids and read up on it, i havent had much success yet, but is it like a required thing to get them to drink from a water dish?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nope, not required. You have about a 50/50 shot of having your beardie drink from a water dish. Their salad, daily baths and misting will be plenty of things to keep them hydrated. By misting, you can mist down your beardie's body with a water bottle and spray the branch or something he is near. Bernie used to drink the misted water....

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I agree with Renee, I have 3 beardies and not one will drink from a water dish. My two females will drink from the bath but not my male. Mine will drink from a plastic spoon though. I make greens juice for them. All three love this and it is good for them.

Latest posts