• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Too hungry for patience?

Emily

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Every single day, at feeding time, Diddy gets very excited for his crickets. He won't eat them if their dropped in-I have to hand feed him. Lately, he's been biting me, and tonight he chipped one of my nails. He's only 4 months old, but his teeth hurt! Any advice to help stop his nasty biting?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
rubber tipped forceps. i hand feed mine also and they always want "the big worm" or your finger. you have to time them just right so that as soon as their tongue touches the cricket, you get out of the way. easier said than done with a young hungry dragon

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I definitely recommend forceps. It'll be a lot less confusing for your dragon too :)

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yes listen to josh but if he will only eat out of your hand and won't hunt for his food that may become a problem later on. I know a couple of guys that use forceps and their are cool but you want him to hunt for his food try getting some feeders that you can put in a feeding bowl so that you don't have to feed him. I would never recommend forceps unless you absolutely have no choice and even though Josh recommends them I think that maybe he might agree with me :)

Latest posts