• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tongue twisting

Playdeadrin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,
My beardie is a little over a year old and I will drip water on his snout to keep him hydrated. He licks it off and will lick the dropper so I do this until he stops going for more. But he does this weird thing where he starts twisting his tongue and opening his mouth a lot is that normal??

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello,
My beardie is a little over a year old and I will drip water on his snout to keep him hydrated. He licks it off and will lick the dropper so I do this until he stops going for more. But he does this weird thing where he starts twisting his tongue and opening his mouth a lot is that normal??
I don't think so can you get a pic or video of him doing this- record on you tube post the link here

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got someone else looking at it but I think it's normal seems like mine do it too but we can check for sure- I don't want to give you a different answer if something is going on
Ok so they got back w/ me and this is what she said

O.K. I saw the video, that is normal . Sometimes they have the sensation that there's food in their mouth or something, nothing wrong with him though.

Badwolfe

Hatchling Dragon
perfectly normal - your dragon is mopping up any excess water that is running down their jawline

Playdeadrin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so they got back w/ me and this is what she said

O.K. I saw the video, that is normal . Sometimes they have the sensation that there's food in their mouth or something, nothing wrong with him though.
Sadie,
Thank you so much for going the extra mile for me for an answer. I really appreciate you asking your friend looking at it as well!