• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Toenail issue?

Sam-E

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My boy, Collins, has a weird long toenail on his left front foot, thumb area. It doesn't seem to bother him at all, but it doesn't look right. Does anyone know what could cause this to happen? He is about 4 years old. It has been here for a few days, and doesn't seem better, or worse. Thanks!
20230610_162659.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My boy, Collins, has a weird long toenail on his left front foot, thumb area. It doesn't seem to bother him at all, but it doesn't look right. Does anyone know what could cause this to happen? He is about 4 years old. It has been here for a few days, and doesn't seem better, or worse. Thanks!View attachment 34111
That is different - I am not sure let me have someone else take a look at it - are you using any hammocks in the tank?

Sam-E

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
That is different - I am not sure let me have someone else take a look at it - are you using any hammocks in the tank?
Yes, we do have a grass hammock that he has not had issues with in the 4 years we have had him. We tried the mesh ones and he refused to use them. I also use tank carpet, a few slate rocks, and a few resin and plastic items.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, we do have a grass hammock that he has not had issues with in the 4 years we have had him. We tried the mesh ones and he refused to use them. I also use tank carpet, a few slate rocks, and a few resin and plastic items.
That is more than likely the cause- I would replace the grass w/ a fleece or cloth one
www.etsy.com
www.pamperedbeardies.com

Latest posts