• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Today's not my day or night

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Today, I've been having asthma. I took a nap and about a few hours later, I woke up, unable to breathe. I've been wheezing about every four or more hours. Sometimes less. I'm all caffeined up from coffee and have only two puffs of my inhaler left! I've got to try to conserve whatever med I've got.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Today, I've been having asthma. I took a nap and about a few hours later, I woke up, unable to breathe. I've been wheezing about every four or more hours. Sometimes less. I'm all caffeined up from coffee and have only two puffs of my inhaler left! I've got to try to conserve whatever med I've got.
That is so scary! Hopefully you have a refill you can get tomorrow.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No. I don't because the dr refused to refill my prescription. I've been drinking a lot of coffee and this morning, after drinking so much coffee, I'm shaky. (I'm not a coffee drinker, but since this is kind of an emergency, I've been drinking it. I drink decaf. But I'm not drinking decaf.) And he wants to see me which is tooooo expensive to see him.

Right now, I'm not wheezing so the coffee worked.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
So coffee helps with asthma? I have asthma too had my first asthma attack on the 3rd of this month

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes. It's got to be regular caffeinated coffee and hot. The caffeine opens up the airways and helps relieve it. I've brewed some last night before bed. (I'm wanting more right now, but I'm not needing it.)

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
Walmart sells pills called Bronkaid you have to have ID and they keep it behind the pharmacy counter. If i'm not right it was like $5.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I used to have Primatine Mist once and it expired. I think I'll be all right as long as I'm not doing anything outside for now. I'm not wheezing and coughing. (Lucky me.) I'll have to look into that in case it happens again. I've found something else. I used it once before and it worked one time, after that, it stopped working after a month of use last year.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, they do have some over the counter stuff. Be careful, Noella! I know the caffeine in coffee can help with asthma, but what if it doesn't work one of these times? You need to keep something on hand for an emergency.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, they do have some over the counter stuff. Be careful, Noella! I know the caffeine in coffee can help with asthma, but what if it doesn't work one of these times? You need to keep something on hand for an emergency.

I've got two single doses of my emergency inhaler left and something else that I found that's not expired yet. I had several flare ups today and it's whenever I move around and do things.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good news: No flare ups today! It must've been the air outside. I've been inside today until 6 or 7.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No asthma so far, but I do have a post nasal drip that's driving me crazy and I've got no appetite so that's not a good thing. I guess it's not just asthma. But I'm not going to rush to the dr because it can clear up on its own.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It didn't go away on its own. Instead, I got ear aches and severe sinus pressure and bleeding...um, I could tell from what I felt. I was lucky though because I saved some of my antibiotics from the last time I went to the dr. It's working because I'm not as tired as I was and more energetic so I guess I was getting worse.

Now if only I could stop Allie from scratching the heck out of my hands, arms, and chest. She's 'going stir-crazy again'.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Now Noella, don't you know you're supposed to continue your antibiotics even after you feel better? LOL! Shame on you. Sounds like you've got a nasty head cold :(. Cross your fingers that you have enough of the antibiotics left to make it go away for good! Get some good rest, I want you to get feeling better.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's going away because I finally have a huge appetite and ate leftover Thanksgiving Dinner for breakfast! Yum! I love turkey! And I also shared a little piece of turkey with Allie last night (She loves turkey too!)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Me too! I feel much better and I haven't used my inhaler in two days. :) So that's good.