• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

To start or not to start ??

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Im seriously thinking of trying to start a Dubia colony ?!
The guy il be ordering them from said If im going to i must get as many as I can afford to start with so the colony can grow quicker ?

Whats everyones thoughts on this ? go for the colony and keep feeding crix until the roaches are ready ? stick to crix only ? roaches only ?

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
When I started my colony, I ordered 300 mixed. I didn't feed out of my colony for about 6 months and now I have a fairly large colony that feeds my 5 lizards. I only had the colony going about 9(?) or close to it months. I fed supers and occasional crix while I was waiting for the colony to grow. That being said, now that my colony is growing I don't have to buy feeders and that saves me a ton of money. It was the best investment I have made as far as my lizards go.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
250 mixed should get you what you are looking for in say 2-3 months.
Like Corrine, I feed multiple animals off my 5 colonies. With only one, that should do you just fine.
Hope this helps.

Latest posts